We’re a Happy Bunch.
Join Base and be part of Customer Marketing history!
Customer Education & Community Manager
About The Position
Base (formerly Crowdvocate) is leading the evolution of B2B marketing by building a Customer-led Growth (CLG) ecosystem for customer marketing professionals to grow in, including an end-to-end Customer Marketing platform, the first CLG academy, and a global professional Community. With integrations, automations, insights, and education, Base helps you refocus your efforts on your company’s most valuable assets – its relationships with its customers. Armed with the tools and knowledge to achieve a well-engaged customer base, at scale, some of the world’s best marketing teams are already using Base to go from impacting demand to impacting Growth.
Base wants to leverage an existing Slack Channel by integrating education, enablement and community content. We are looking for someone to lead this initiative who has experience in building B2B online education, enablement and community programs. If this person has experience in customer advocacy, they will be heavily involved in working directly with our customer advocates.They will need to be both an individual contributor and a strong leader who can work well cross-functionally, globally and in an early stage company. They need to have a customer first mindset – as they enable customer marketers to connect, learn and grow together. Ideally, this person is currently in a customer marketing role and is active with other customer marketers in the industry.
This person will jump start these educational and community initiatives and create a place where customer marketing practitioners and industry leaders refine their craft and augment their careers. They will manage ongoing engagement, member experience, content creation and more. This person will wear many hats – defining the strategy, creating the instructional roadmap, developing content, etc. The key to success will be to have a customer mindset and to refine these initiatives over time.
The ideal candidate is organized, passionate about customer relationships & success, and focused on enhancing the customer’s experience.
In this role, this person will:
- Set the overall vision for our education, enablement, community and advocacy strategy.
- Buildout and manage programs and content for both of these initiatives.
- Determine and build the curriculum and course content
- Interface with customers to ensure we meet their needs
- Work with industry experts to define educational content
- Communicate internal updates about roadmap and other plans
- Curate, repurpose, and customize content specifically for different diverse groups
- Gather qualitative feedback and data points from our front line business development team, work to improve our messaging accordingly
- Triage issues to various groups in the company
- Address any customer support needs as they relate to course content or that can help practitioners be more successful.
- Demonstrate and independently exercise sound judgment and creative problem solving skills in making decisions.
- Meet deadlines to complete timely delivery of instructional design projects
- Have 5 years of B2B online community experience and/or Customer Education (Also in B2B).
- Post secondary education in relevant fields – education, structural design, etc
- Understand the online education (particularly in technology)
- Understanding of the customer marketing and customer engagement space is a must.
- Be able to clearly articulate education requirements and business needs (written or oral)
- Be organized to a fault
- Love detail and live for the process
- Be open-minded and willing to reach out to and learn from our customers
- Be autonomous, but looking to grow and learn
- Understand how data plays a key role in driving decisions, though
- Appreciates testing, learning, optimizing, and scaling
- Has a whatever-it-takes attitude and is willing to roll up their sleeves and wear many hats.
- Be flexible and adaptable – as sometimes priorities might change (However, our company goals will remain consistent)
Cultural fit is key to your success within Base! The team is filled with social, friendly people who are all committed to the same goal – excellent, innovative digital work and client satisfaction. It is a flat structure and the team collaborates, including the founders, who take a hands-on approach in the business.
Base is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
If you are interested in taking your career to the next level and working in a dynamic global SaaS startup, please apply now.