We’re a Happy Bunch.
Join Base and be part of Customer Marketing history!
Base is a Customer Lifecycle Marketing platform, building the Customer-led Growth (CLG) category and ecosystem. Through journey tracking, automation, insights, and predictions our software helps companies refocus their efforts on their customer-base, and drive and attribute growth to customer activations. Armed with the tools and knowledge to achieve a well-engaged customer base, at scale, some of the world’s best marketing teams are already using Base to go from impacting demand to impacting Growth.
Base is seeking a goal-driven and visionary Head of R&D who will shape and oversee the engineering vision, strategy, and execution. As a vital member of our leadership team, you will cultivate and guide a team of developers, architects and QA engineers, based in Israel and Europe, collaborating closely with internal stakeholders such as Product and Customer Success and external stakeholders like partners and customers. Reporting directly to the CEO and Founder, you will play a crucial role in driving the company’s innovation and technical advancement.
This role is ideal for either an experienced R&D leader passionate about the startup environment or an R&D director/manager seeking a transformative leap into top-tier management.
- Drive technical roadmap execution: Collaborate with the Product team to prioritize and achieve tech goals and product milestones.
- Lead development process: Take charge of cross-functional teams, streamline development, allocate resources wisely, and deliver top-notch products on schedule.
- Establish and maintain R&D best practices: Implement coding standards, version control, testing frameworks, and deployment strategies. Foster continuous improvement and technical innovation.
- Supercharge infrastructure and systems: Develop scalable, reliable, and secure tech infrastructure. Implement tools, tech, and architecture to support business growth.
- Build and lead a rockstar R&D team: Recruit, onboard, and mentor top engineering talent. Foster a positive work culture and empower the team.
- Boost collaboration and communication: Facilitate smooth collaboration within the engineering team and across departments. Align goals and build strong stakeholder relationships.
- Champion engineering excellence and quality: Set high standards for code quality, performance, and scalability. Implement processes for code reviews, testing, and documentation.
- Stay updated with cutting-edge tech: Keep abreast of industry trends, adopt new technologies and methods to enhance efficiency.
- Drive company’s growth and strategic direction: Contribute to strategic discussions, align tech vision with business goals, and provide tech expertise to drive startup success.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Proven track record of at least 5 years in engineering leadership roles, preferably in a SaaS startup environment.
- Strong technical background with expertise in software development, architecture, and system scalability.
- Demonstrated success in delivering complex software projects on time and within budget.
- Experience in building top notch teams, including recruitment, onboarding, and performance management.
- In-depth knowledge of engineering processes, coding standards, and quality assurance practices.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Strategic mindset with the ability to align engineering goals with business objectives.
- Proactive, self-motivated, and able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment.
- Familiarity with relevant technologies, tools, and industry best practices.
Cultural fit is key to your success within Base! The team is filled with social, friendly people who are all committed to the same goal – excellent, innovative digital work and client satisfaction. It is a flat structure, and the team collaborates, including the founders, who take a hands-on approach in the business.
Base is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
If you are interested in taking your career to the next level and working in a dynamic global SaaS start-up, please apply now.